It’s TACO TUESDAY!!!!!
Yep, I’m always excited about Taco Tuesday and my Hatch Chili Breakfast Tacos are just what the Taco God’s ordered!
First, I used Roasted Hatch Chili which is the key to this dish being EXTRA SPICY and SPECIAL!
Yes, please try to find roasted ones because fresh chili’s are not the same for these delicious tacos.
Once we have our diced chili’s it’s taco making time!
Secondly, the potatoes!
Please preboil the potatoes because it’s makes the taco cooking experience that much easier.
The easier the cooking experience, the quicker we eat!
Lastly, take the potatoes, add them to a pan of hot oil and saute those babies up!
Fry up your eggs, and don’t forget to toast the tortilla shells in a hot pan to give them a nice crispy extra corny flavor!
Everything is cooked, it’s assembly time!
Double up the shells so the tacos want fall apart.
Top with grated cheese and avocado.
You can even top with more Hatch Chili’s if you dare.
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup hatch chili, diced
- 8 corn tortilla shells
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- olive oil
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside. Reserve 2 teaspoons for eggs.
- Boil diced potatoes for about 10 minutes to soften, drain, and set aside.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add potatoes and season with seasoning blend. Mix well and cook about 5 minutes, flip and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add hatch chili to pan and cook 5 more minutes.
- In a separate pan, add a little oil and fry eggs, season with remaining seasoning.
- Heat tortillas in a hot pan for about 3 minutes per side.
- Assemble tacos make sure you double the shells per taco, add cheese and avocado