If you’re looking for a quick side dish this holiday season, I have the perfect recipe.
My Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese with 6 Cheeses is the ultimate cheesy side dish!
Yes folks, that’s SIX cheeses, because one cheese wouldn’t make this the rich, delicious, cheesy dish that’s required of holiday eating.
It’s no hidden secret that I love cheese!
I mean, I really love cheese.
What I love just as much as cheese is my new Crock Pot Slow Cooker that Big Goo just bought me!
Yep, because having 4 Crock-Pot Slow Cookers in one house isn’t enough, lol.
This dish goes together in minutes and the Slow Cooker does the rest of the work with minimum clean up!
That’s my kind of side dish.
First, the cheeses. I used cheddar, jack, mozzarella, Parmesan, fontina, and Romano cheeses.
Please splurge on good cheese because a poor quality cheese will make this a very greasy dish!
Secondly, I used beaten eggs, heavy cream and whole milk.
Oh, don’t forget a little melted butter.
You could try to lighten this dish up with low fat milk but I wouldn’t suggest you do that.
It’s the holiday’s folks, so make it rich, make it creamy, and make it extra cheesy!
Mix everything together and cook on low for two hours.
After two hours top with remaining cheese and cook about 30 minutes to 1 hour longer, depending on your slow cooker.
When I made this in my older Slow Cooker it took 3 hours.
This time it took me only 2 hours and about 20 minutes.
So make sure you taste the pasta after 2 hours to prevent over cooking the pasta.
It’s time to eat so pass the forks and dig in!
- 2 cups large elbow macaroni, dry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fontina cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Mix spices together and set aside.
- Mix cheeses together and set aside.
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add eggs, milk, cream,butter, and spices to slow cooker, mix well.
- Fold in pasta and half the cheese, mix well.
- Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Top with remaining cheese and cook 30 minutes to 1 hour longer.
- Taste pasta to make sure it’s cooked.
- Slow cooker times will vary.
- Sprinkle extra parsley on top if desired.
- Serving Size: 4-6