It’s countdown to Thanksgiving and I’m bringing out the big dogs!
My Slow Cooker Cornbread Casserole is a must for the Ultimate Thanksgiving side dish!
It’s easy and delicious and takes about 5 minutes of prep work before it’s slow cooker ready!
I made this in my slow cooker because mama’s a tad bit addicted to her Crock-Pot Slow Cookers!
Let’s just get this out of the way: My name is Lisa, and I’m a Crock-Pot addict, lol.
And I am not ashamed at all.
Check out my Slow Cooker section and see how far this addiction goes people.
Back to this beautiful, buttery, cheesy, piece of deliciousness!
This is so simple you really don’t need directions.
But I’m going to give them to ya’ anyway!
First, start off with boxed cornbread mix. You need two boxes for this recipe to make a big casserole dish of this goodness!
I told you it was simple.
Next, take eggs, sour cream, melted butter, and creamed and regular corn and add it to the cornbread mix.
Lastly, add pickled jalapenos for spice and to put a little Mexican spin on it!
Oh, don’t forget lots of grated cheese.
Once everything is mixed together, add to a greased casserole dish and bake or slow cook.
After about 3-4 hours in your slow cooker, or 1 1/2 hours in the oven this baby is ready to eat!
I promise your guest will be very thankful you made this.
- 2 boxes cornbread mix
- 2 cans organic corn, drained
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- dried parsley to garnish
- Mix cheese together and reserve half of the cheese.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Do not use the reserved cheese it will be for use after the cornbread is almost ready.
- Add cornbread mixture to your greased or buttered slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours depending on your slow cooker
- To bake in the oven preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake in a 13×9 casserole dish for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Top with remaining cheese the last 20 minutes of cooker and garnish with parsley when done if desired.
- Serving Size: 8-10