It’s all about comfort food eating and my Greek Salisbury Steak Meatballs with No Yolks® Noodles is the ultimate comfort food meal!
I’ve included two of my favorite foods in this recipe, Greek meatballs and No Yolks® Noodles.
No Yolks ® Noodles are cholesterol free noodles that always cook up right which makes them perfect for my savory Greek meatballs and creamy gravy!
The noodles come in a variety of noodle cuts for all your recipes…Broad, Extra Broad, Fine, Kluski and Dumplings.
My Greek meatballs include feta cheese, oregano, lemon juice, fresh mint, ground turkey, lamb and spices.
If you’re not into lamb you can always use all turkey or substitute the lamb with beef.
While the meatballs bake, boil the noodles and make the creamy gravy!
Boil the noodles according to package directions, drain, coat with a little olive oil and set aside.
The ultra-creamy gravy is made with beef broth, a little heavy cream, lemon juice, zest and more spices.
This dish is rich, creamy and my new favorite comfort food meal.
For more noodle recipe ideas, try one of these family-favorite, comforting No Yolks® Noodles recipes by clicking the link!
Tell us what your favorite comfort food is for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 2/22/16 – 3/27/16.
- 1 lb lamb, ground
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 2 packs No Yolks® Noodles, cooked according to package directions.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 red onion, pureed in blender or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, zest, juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 slices bread
- 1/4 cup milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- green onions to garnish
For the Creamy Gravy:
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 lemon, zest, juice
- Add milk and bread to a large bowl and allow to sit for about 5 minutes to soften bread.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Cover mixture and allow to chill for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Form meatballs using 1/4 cup measuring cup or small cookie scooper.
- Place on greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Broil for 5 minutes to brown the top of meatballs.
- Cook No Yolks® Noodles according to package directions, drain, coat with a little olive oil.
- Assemble by adding meatballs to gravy and top No Yolks ® Noodles, garnish with green onions and extra feta cheese if desired.
For the Gravy:
- Mix cornstarch with broth and set aside.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan over medium heat, add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Season with 1 tablespoon of seasoning blend, mix well.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add all broth and remaining seasonings to pan and bring mixture to boil.
- Boil about 4 minutes, reduce heat to simmer.
- Add heavy cream to pan and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add fresh parsley, lemon juice, zest and top meatballs and noodles with gravy.
- Serving Size: 4-6