It’s 107 degrees today in the Las Vegas desert!
Yep, 107 degrees of hot, sticky, heat!!!!!!!!
I am praying that my Watermelon Lemonade cools me and the family off because WE ARE HOT!
I lived in Arizona for years and I don’t ever remember it being this HOT!
I remember my ice cream melting in my hand as I walked twenty steps from the store to the car, but NEVER do I remember it being this HOT!
Did I mention how HOT it is today, lol?
O.K. it’s going to be over 105 degrees all week and YES, I will be complaining all week!
Let’s get down to making this Watermelon Lemonade so we can put it in the fridge to chill.
Take seedless watermelon and blend it well until you have a big picture of watermelon juice.
Next, make up a batch of simple syrup which is equal amounts of sugar and water cooked into a sweet syrup.
Lastly, pour the watermelon juice, simple syrup and fresh squeezed lemon juice into a large jug.
Now add more water and mix well.
It’s really that simple people!
Look at the pretty Ombre color we created by accident.
Slice up a bunch of lemon and serve the chilled Watermelon Lemonade over ice.
- 6 cups blended watermelon
- 10 cups water
- 3 cups lemon juice
- lemon slices to garnish
For the Simple Syrup:
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- Bring simple syrup ingredients to boil in a stock pot.
- Boil for 3 minutes, turn off heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Add watermelon chunks to a blender and blend well.
- You need 6 cups of the watermelon juice.
- You can strain juice if desired.
- Add watermelon juice, lemon juice, and cooled simple syrup to a large jug.
- Add remaining water and mix well.
- Serve over ice garnished with lemon slices.
- Serving Size: 10-12