I was looking for a quick lunch to make my husband that didn’t include lunch meat and bread!
My Spicy Pineapple Shrimp Stir Fry is the perfect quick lunch idea.
It’s super spicy and it includes shrimp which are two of Big Goo favorite things.
I created this spicy sauce which is crushed pineapple, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, and don’t forget the spicy sambal and sriracha sauce!
I also added fresh grated ginger to really add to the heat level in this dish.
I figured the more heat the less likely Big Goo was going to notice all the extra veggies I added to this dish!
Next, for the veggies I went with carrots, broccoli, snap peas and onions.
The key to this dish is to not over cook the vegetables.
I like my vegetables to have a nice crunch and that requires quick, fast, cooking!
After you saute the veggies for a few minutes, remove them and add the shrimp.
Saute the shrimp for about 5 minutes, then add the sauce and veggies back to the pan.
Lastly, I allowed the stir fry to cook a few more minutes.
Make sure the sauce is mixed well with the shrimp and veggies.
I served this over hot rice and in less than 2o minutes lunch was served!
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups snap peas
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- rice to serve
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sambal garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup sriracha chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a sauce pot.
- Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat, simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
To Stir Fry:
- Rinse, peel, and devein shrimp.
- Season shrimp with spices.
- Heat a large pot with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Sauce Broccoli and Carrots for about 3 minutes, remove from pan.
- Add more oil, add shrimp, and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, broccoli, carrots,onions, garlic, and snap peas, cook about 3 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Serving Size: 4-6