One of my favorite things to eat is roasted chicken.
I’m one of those chicken eaters that can’t go into Costco or Sam’s Club and not pick up a couple of roasted chickens.
My chicken issues often leave me with loads of leftover roasted chicken that I often use to make these delicious Chicken Croquettes with Sriracha Mayo!
I’m so in love with roasted chicken that even when I am at the store shopping for fresh chickens to make my own roasted chicken at home, I still pick up precooked roasted chickens!
It’s a trap people! Costco and Sam’s Club have rows of those juicy roasted chickens just starring at me every time I walk into the store.
Their screaming Lisa, buy me…no Lisa, buy two of me!
Yep…in that order, lol!
I told you I have roasted chicken issues.
Thank God I’m creative and know my way around leftover chicken.
These croquettes will give you a reason to become a roasted chicken addict, just like me!
First, I remove the skin from the chickens and place the chicken into my blender.
I like to use the blender because it processes the chicken just like I like it, slightly chunky!
Why use a knife when you can just blend it or use a food processor?
Secondly, I add the chicken to a bowl and add all my ingredients into the bowl.
Mayo, lots of spices, crushed buttery crackers, panko, and a little onion.
I use around a 1/2 or larger measuring cup to form my patties.
You can make these babies as big or as small as you like.
Just don’t forget to adjust the cooking time depending on the size.
Lastly, cook these babies up in extra virgin olive oil and a little butter if you dare!
When I’m being good I omit the butter and they’re still delicious.
Now mix up your Sriracha and mayo and start eating.
A little heads up!
Leftovers were used to make a burger on a toasted buttered hamburger bun and a slice of pepper jack cheese!
Yep, Big Goo’s idea and it’s a winner!
- 3 1/2 cups precooked roasted chicken, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- extra virgin olive oil
For the Sriracha Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1–2 tablespoon sriracha
- Remove skin from roasted chicken.
- Place chicken in a food processor and process until chunky, or chop finely.
- In a large bowl add crushed crackers, minced vegetables, all the spices, mayonnaise and mustard, mix well.
- Fold in chicken and panko bread crumbs.
- Form into 4 patties or you could make appetizer size if desired.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a little butter in a skillet over medium heat, add patties in brown for about 4-5 minutes per side until nice and golden brown.
- Patties can also be placed under the broiler and cooked for about 8 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper napkin.
- To prepare hot mayo, mix all ingredients together and serve on top of patties
- Serving Size: 4