I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
Well, I’m suppose to be on vacation but I wanted to stop and share a quick recipe.
My Cajun Bourbon Chicken is ready in less than 30 minutes and it’s beyond delicious.
After all the heavy food eaten over the holidays, this dish hits the spot!
It’s quick, easy, and tasty.
Oh, and really spicy!
Big Goo loves spicy food so I added extra Asian Sriracha sauce.
If you can’t handle the heat, cut back on the Asian sauces.
The goal was to cook something quick so I can get back to shopping.
The best shopping deals happen after the holidays folks!
First, just take boneless, skinless, chicken breast and cut it into chucks.
Marinate it in all the goodies and place in the fridge.
Sometimes I marinate the chicken overnight. Make sure you bring it to room temperature before frying.
Next, toss the chicken into cornstarch and fry these babies up for a few minutes on each side.
Cook in batches and don’t overcrowd the pan.
Place all the sauce ingredients into a pan, bring to boil and simmer.
Lastly, toss the chicken with the sauce and cook a few more minutes.
Serve with hot rice and garnish with green onions.
Note: if you prefer not to fry the chicken omit the cornstarch batter and saute the chicken in olive oil.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
For the Bourbon Sauce:
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger or 2 teaspoons dry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with equal amounts of water
- green onions to garnish
- hot rice to serve
- Mix all chicken ingredients except cornstarch and olive oil.
- Marinate for about 1 hour or overnight if desired.
- Remove from fridge and let come to room temperature.
- Heat about 4 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Toss chicken in cornstarch in batches, remove excess cornstarch, and fry for about 3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on a napkin to drain, repeat until all chicken is fried.
For the Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients into a sauce pot, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove grease from chicken pot, add chicken and sauce, mix well.
- Cook about 5 minutes more.
- Serve over hot rice, garnished with green onions.
- Serving Size: 4